Transitioning to Online Learning
Today, faculty and staff were on campus to continue in the preparations for transition to online learning that begins on Monday, March 23rd.
- Most students in grades 6-12 have gotten instruction on how to access LMS.
- We have attached instructions on how to access LMS
- All students have a unique login. You will receive your students’ login on Tuesday 3-17 when you come to pick up materials for your students or you may request it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, teachers for grades K-5 will be emailing you with your students’ login.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17th, parents and students should come to school to get everything they need for online learning. We have set up designated times as noted below in order to follow the guidelines set up by the state of Ohio.
- Get all education materials out of their locker or classroom, including textbooks, workbooks, etc.
- Pick up packets for each student will be distributed to support learning from March 23rd-April 3rd. Students will receive learning packets not whole workbooks. If the break is extended, we will schedule for parents/students to pick up additional material on a bi-weekly basis for as long as necessary.
- We will have Chromebooks available to sign out for student use – if you do not have a laptop for your student(s) to use, we are able to sign out technology to each family so that everyone can participate in online learning. In order to sign out technology, a parent will need to come to EC in order to sign the waiver form in order to assume responsibility for the Chromebook. We will have 1 Chromebook per household to start in order to have one available for every family if needed.
We will distribute the packets and Chromebooks on Tuesday, March 17th as follows:
Parents/students should come to pick up packets and sign out Chromebooks (if needed) are as follows:
4:00-5:00pm PARENTS’ last name beginning with A-G
5:00-6:00pm PARENTS’ last name beginning with H-N
6:00-7:00pm PARENTS’ last name beginning with O-Z
7:00-8:00pm Open to any families who cannot be at EC at their scheduled time
If you cannot get to EC on Tuesday (3/17) at your designated time or during the open appointment time, please contact the school office to make other arrangements.
If you or your student(s) have underlying health conditions and/or a compromised immune system, please let us know so that we can arrange delivery of any school-related items to your home.